|As you are aware, logistics is increasingly becoming one of the most important factors in international business, which now pursues new trends such as “JIT (Just-in-time) system”, “Zero Inventory Systems”, and “VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory)” as a precondition for survival.|
In view of this business circumstance, Chicago, the heart of logistics in the United States, is being hailed as a symbol for the logistics gateway to U.S. markets for many foreign businesses. This is especially true in South Korea as of now.
There are a few reasons why this is true in South Korea:
|A. FTA (Free Trade Agreement) |
Better international relations due to this market model. maximizes economic efficiency and overall productivity gains resulting in a substantial increase in imports/exports.
B. Business & trading characteristics that exist between the USA and South Korea.
C. A designated Joint Overseas Distribution Center (from henceforth referred to as D/C) along with KOTRA (Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency) will benefit small & mid-sized companies struggling to gain new business in the USA due to limited marketing, purchasing and logistics capabilities.
|G & B International, Inc. is coordinating with foreign trading agencies such as KOTRA, CCPIT (China Council for Promotion of International Trade), and TAITRA (Taiwan External Trade Development Council) to drive forward new projects named “Fourth-generation Logistic Systems” (which includes marketing, sales, transportation, and distribution of products) and is devoted to maximizing all aspects of creating a win-win situation for both the buyer and supplier.|
|A. Benefits to the buyer|
|* Product source vehicle in procurement for quality products and trustworthy manufacturers|
* The availability of TCO (total cost of ownership) analysis
* Utilizing online business for VMI with a customized EDI (AS2)
|B. Benefits to the supplier|
|* One-stop consulting for all marketing, sales, transportation, and distribution needs.|
* Economies of Scale: Dealing with large volume vendors increasing Buying Power as a Certified Vendor for
– Wal-Mart, SAM’S CLUB Certified Vendor (No.003751-63-0)
* Providing more business opportunities for exports/imports through MBE (Minor Business Enterprise),
WBE (Women’s Business Enterprise), DBE (Disabled Business Enterprise) privileges and cutting total costs.
* Tax exemption to the D/C and allowance of participation in GSA (Government Supply Association).
* Logistics management (preparing warehouses of sufficient size & providing WMS warehousing management system) and Visual Inventory Services.